Roasted Vegetable Dippers inspired by @mariehealthyhill
We all need more veggies in our life. This method can be applied to almost any veggie, so experiment with what you have in your fridge. (But always add the Monterey Farms ArtiHearts!)Serves 4 as an appetizer
- 3 to 4 carrots
- 3 medium sized beets
- 2 to 3 TBS olive oil
- Sea Salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 6 oz pouch Natural Artihearts
- Hummus, White Bean or Baba Ganoush spread
- ¼ cup Roasted, chopped pistachios
- Fleur de Sel for garnish
- Flavored extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Roasted Root Veggies: Preheat oven to 425F
- Cut to similar size, about 1 inch square. I used carrots and raw beets but parsnips, turnips, celery root, potatoes, sweet potatoes would all work great. Be creative.
- Toss veggies in 2 to 3 TBS olive oil and a healthy pinch of sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Spread evenly on a sheet pan and don’t over crowd.
- Roast in oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and shake the pan to release the vegetables and turn them over. Roast for another 5 to 10 minutes until the edges are crispy and the centers soft. For the last 10 minutes, add 1 package Natural ArtiHearts to warm and absorb the flavors of the vegetables.
- To serve, spread the dip on a platter or individual plates and pile the roasted veggies on top. Sprinkle with the chopped pistachios, Fleur de Sel, and drizzle your favorite flavored or spiced oil over the top.
This healthy, fresh and delicious recipe is perfect for sharing as an appetizer or a great first course for any meal. You could use any spread, I think Boursin pureed with a little cottage cheese would be very tasty.