Enjoy this healthy, easy-to-make oven roasted root vegetables recipe with Natural ArtiHearts™, a great accompaniment to your steak, duck, or salmon dinner.
Roasted Root Vegetables with ArtiHearts
Roasted root vegetable are a wonderful fall dinner accompaniment for meat, fowl, fish or as a main course. The Monterey Farms ArtiHearts add a meatiness that makes for a delicious meal.
- 3 lb root vegetables: turnips, parsnips, new potatoes, celery root, parsley root, carrots, golden beets, sweet potatoes, leeks, butternut squash…Whatever is available in the farmer’s market or your favorite grocery store.
- 1 cup pearl onions peeled (frozen works great)
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 4 leaves fresh sage or thyme
- 2 packages Monterey Farms Natural ArtiHearts
- large grain sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- Peel the root vegetables and rough chop into 1 to 2 inch cubes. Place them in a large baking dish and add the olive oil, pearl onions and sage or thyme leaves.
- Toss in the olive oil so all the pieces are coated. Cover with aluminum foil and roast for 30 to 40 minutes until all the vegetables are tender. Remove from the oven and mix in the ArtiHearts.
- Season with the sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Serve warm.