Healthy Chicken Curry with Artichoke Hearts
This Chicken Curry combined with Monterey Farms Natural ArtiHearts™ is one of our favorite recipes. It is rich, creamy and a very hearty recipe as our artichoke hearts add a healthy, unique taste and texture. You will want to keep it as it is one of your best healthy chicken curry recipes.
Monterey Farms Natural ArtiHearts™ and Healthy Chicken Curry
- 1 small yellow onion quartered
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 inch ginger root
- 3 Tbs peanut or canola oil
- 3 Tbs curry powder (mild or spicy to your taste)
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts cut into strips about ½ inch thick
- 1 cup chicken stock or water
- ½ cup coconut milk (unsweetened)
- 1 pkg NaturalArtiHearts™
- ½ cup diced Roma tomatoes
- chopped cilantro
- Place the quartered onion, garlic and ginger root in a blender and blend until smooth. Heat the oil in a large sauce pan and sauté the onion mixture for 2 minutes.
- Add the curry powder and sauté until it is cooked through giving off a rich spicy aroma, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the sliced chicken breasts and sauté until the pieces are coated with the curry.
- Add the stock or water and bring to simmer. Add the coconut milk and simmer for 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked. (Do not cover as this will cause the coconut milk to curdle.)
- Add the Natural ArtiHearts™ to the curry, simmer until heated through. Season with salt. Garnish with the diced tomatoes and chopped cilantro. Serve with white or brown basmati Rice.