Game Hen with ArtiHeart and Roasted Shallot Chef Butter
Thanksgiving recipes don’t usually cater to the romantic table of two but with this recipe you can have all the flavor of Thanksgiving without the leftovers. Here is a classic stuffing recipe with the addition of ArtiHearts and Roasted Shallot Chef Butter os you don’t have to chop a bunch of herbs and garlic. The Roasted Shallot Chef Butter is inserted under the skin of the breast to insure the it is tasty and succulent. Break out the wine and enjoy the evening.
- ⅓ roll Roasted Shallot Chef Butter + 2 medallions
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- ¼ cup celery, chopped
- ¼ cup leeks, white part only, chopped
- ¼ cup onion chopped
- ½ pouch Natural ArtiHearts, chopped
- ¼ cup white wine
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 1 cup stale bread cubes or unseasoned store bought stuffing
- 1 game hen
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- pan dripping gravy
- Heat Roasted Shallot Chef Butter and the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the celery, leeks and onions and sauté until soft, about 10 minutes. Add the ArtiHearts and the wine and continue to sauté until the wine is evaporated. Pour in the chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Pour over the bread cubes. Season lightly with salt and pepper and mix thoroughly until the bread soaks up all the liquid. Allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Place the game hen wings down into a small bowl to hold it in place. Season the cavity of the bird with salt and pepper. Fill the cavity with the cooled stuffing, pushing the stuffing in so it is tightly filled. Remove the game hen from the bowl to a wire baking rack on an oven-proof sheet pan. Using a toothpick close the gap by pinching the skin together and weaving the toothpick through the overlap. Tie the legs together with butcher twine. With your index finger, release the skin at the neck of the bird down to the leg joint. Insert a medallion of Roasted Shallot Chef Butter under the skin on each side of the breast. Season all over with salt and roast 35 minutes or until a thermometer stuck into the center of the stuffing between the thigh and leg joint reads 165F. Remove and allow to rest while you make the gravy.
- Spoon the stuffing out of the bird and divide between two plates. With a sharp knife remove the breast meat and the legs. Place a breast and leg on each plate with the stuffing and serve with Pan Dripping Gravy.