Our Natural ArtiHearts™ and Bread Stuffing Recipe takes a spin on a traditional stuffing recipe. This homemade bread stuffing recipe offers a unique twist to regular bread stuffing. Our natural artichoke hearts combined with your homemade bread crumbs for stuffing will delightfully surprise your guests any time of the year. If you are looking for a scrumptious recipe on how to make bread stuffing, this is it!
Natural Artichoke Hearts and Bread Stuffing Recipe
- 2 loaves high quality white bread cut into ¾ inch cubes
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 large onions peeled, ¼ inch dice
- 1 bunch celery, ¼ inch dice
- 3 Tbs fresh sage, leaves only, chopped
- 3 Tbs fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 3 packages Monterey Farms Natural ArtiHearts™ (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 5 cups homemade or low salt chicken stock
- 2 bunches Italian parsley, chopped
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 egg
- The night before or up to 2 days before, spread the bread cubes on a sheet pan and place them in a warm, dry place. When ready to make the stuffing place them in a large mixing bowl.
- Heat the butter in a skillet. Sauté the onions and celery until translucent, about 10 minutes. Add the thyme and sage, stir to release their aroma, about 2 minutes.
- Add the white wine to deglaze the skillet and allow the liquid to reduce by half.
- Add Natural ArtiHearts™ and the olive oil, sauté until well combined and pour over the bread cubes.
- Heat the chicken stock in the pan you sautéed the celery mixture in and pour it over the bread cubes, mixing as you add the liquid. Add the chopped parsley, egg and the salt & pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Spread in a shallow buttered baking dish, cover, and bake 30 minutes at 350ᵒF.
- Remove the cover and bake 15 minutes longer to crisp the top.