Shrimp Scampi with Herbal Artichoke Hearts
This seafood pasta saute, using fresh prawns and crunchy Herbal ArtiHearts™ has a distinctive flavor. The zing of fresh garlic, white wine and the sun-dried tomatoes in the ArtiHearts™, make a delicious twist on the traditional shrimp scampi recipe.
Herbal ArtiHearts™ Shrimp Scampi
Shrimp Scampi with Artichoke Hearts - a delicious twist on the traditional recipe. Add Herbal Artihearts™ to shrimp or prawns for a delicious main dish.
- 2 pkg Monterey Farms Herbal ArtiHearts™
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lbs large prawns, 15-20 count, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup white vermouth or dry white wine
- 6 Tbs unsalted butter, chilled
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Italian parsley, chopped
- Open the pouch of Herbal ArtiHearts™ and separate the morsels.
- In a large sauté pan heat the olive oil. Add the minced garlic and the prawns. Sauté vigorously until the prawns are just turning pink.
- Over high heat, add the white Vermouth and the Herbal ArtiHearts. Bring to a rolling boil and add the butter, one piece at a time, swirling the pan constantly.
- When the butter has combined with the sauce add the chopped parsley, season with salt and serve over freshly cooked pasta.