Roasted Fall Vegetables and Natural ArtiHearts with Shiitake Ginger Chef Butter
When fall vegetables come into season, we have roasted fall vegetables at our house almost every night. Each vegetable has its own unique, earthy flavor that makes the shorter days bearable. Anything goes with this recipe so be creative and try those rutabagas and turnips for a change. Celery root is a delicious addition to this recipe if you can find them.
- 1 medium turnip
- 1 medium parsnip
- 1 medium carrot
- ½ medium butternut squash
- 1 large fennel bulb, halved and cubed
- 2 leeks, white part only, cut in 1 inch rounds
- 1 pouch (6 ounce) Monterey Farms Natural ArtiHearts
- ½ roll Shiitake Ginger Chef Butter
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400F. Coat a ceramic or pyrex baking dish with the olive oil. Peel the root vegetables and the squash and cut into 1 inch cubes. Place in a large bowl with the leek rounds, cubed fennel and Natural ArtiHearts.
- Melt the Shiitake Ginger Chef Butter in the microwave for 30 seconds until liquified. Pour over the vegetables, mix thoroughly and pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes in the oven. Remove the cover and allow to cook 15 minutes more. Check that the vegetables are tender and just before serving, place under the broiler to brown the tops of the vegetable.
- You will find a deliciously rich broth at the bottom of the dish flavored by the vegetables and the Shiitake Ginger Chef Butter. Take your Parker House rolls and sop it up!