This Mediterranean Artichoke Salad is loaded with fresh ingredients including Monterey Farms Herbal Artihearts™.
Herbal ArtiHearts™ Mediterranean Salad
This is a great summer Mediterranean salad. We are going back to the roots of artichoke history by pairing the Herbal ArtiHearts™ with classic Mediterranean ingredients. Try adding fresh seared Ahi tuna or Wild Salmon to this salad to make it an entrée.
- 1 head butter lettuce Leaves, washed and patted dry
- 1 pkg Monterey Farms Herbal ArtiHearts™
- 6 oz French green beans
- ½ cup new potatoes, cooked and diced
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, diced be sure to use the “fresh” product normally packaged in water
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- ½ red onion, sliced
- ⅛ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs Dijon mustard
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Pick the tops from the green beans and cook in salted boiling water, for 2-3 minutes, strain and immediately place into iced water for 5 minutes or until cold.
- In a large bowl add the cooked beans, Herbal ArtiHearts™, potatoes, tomatoes, sliced red onions and mozzarella cheese.
- Using a whisk or blender, combine the mustard, oil and vinegar, whisk or blend until creamy.
- When ready to serve, dress the salad and season with coarse salt and Fresh ground pepper to taste.