Basil Garlic Chef Butter Clams and Linguini
I love clams. They are fun to eat and truly taste of the ocean. Littleneck or Manila clams, both work well for this super simple recipe.
- 1/3 roll Basil Garlic Chef Butter cut into medallions
- 1 lb littleneck or Manila clams rinsed with cold water
- 1/2 lb linguini cooked al dente (keep 1 cup pasta water for the sauce)
- 2 cups dry white wine
- In a medium pot with a lid, add the clams and the white wine. Place over high heat and cover.
- Allow the clams to steam until they are open, 5 to 7 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally to wake them up. Remove the lid and check that they are open. If not steam a little longer.
- When they are open, add the butter medallions and the pasta. Here you can add some of the pasta water if you want more sauce. Mix the clams and pasta so they are well combined with the broth.
- Divide into warm pasta bowls and pour the broth over the top. Serve with grilled country bread spread with Basil Garlic Chef Butter.