Wild Sea Bass Recipe with Herbal Artichoke Hearts
The herbs and sun-dried tomatoes in Monterey Farms Herbal Artichoke Hearts make a perfect sauce to complement pan-seared sea bass.
Wild Sea Bass with Herbal Artichoke Hearts
Enjoy this Wild Sea Bass recipe with Herbal Artihearts™. Serve your delicious pan-seared bass over a delectable sauce of tomatoes, artichokes and wine.
- 3 lbs Wild Sea Bass, skin-on and scales removed
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- ¼ cup white vermouth
- ¼ cup fish stock or chicken stock
- 4 Tbs unsalted butter
- 1 pkg Monterey Farms Herbal ArtiHearts™
- ½ cup red cherry tomatoes, diced
- Italian parsley, chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan over medium high heat. Score the skin and season the fish with salt and pepper.
- Place it skin side down in the hot olive oil. Cook until the skin is crispy, shaking the pan to prevent the fish from sticking.
- Turn the fish over and continue cooking sea bass until medium rare. Remove and keep warm.
- Add the tomatoes to the hot sauté pan then the wine. Sauté vigorously and add the stock. Bring to a boil and add the ArtiHearts™.
- When boiling, add the butter piece by piece and swirl the liquid in the pan to emulsify the sauce.
- Serve in shallow bowls with the Sea Bass on top. Garnish with chopped Italian parsley.